This is a web app for carpooling as well as carpooling mobile app for iPhone & Android for a closed group of people. The carpooling web application would have features for easy collaboration for carpooling.
- Users should be able to register on the web application or best carpool mobile app and invite friends, neighbors and family to register.
- Users should be able to form groups for carpooling depending on the destinations. For example, users should be able to create groups for School, Office, Events etc.
- Each user would have his / her own group to which they can invite others.
- One user can be in multiple groups.
- Users should be able to deposit money to their accounts.
- The user offering the carpool would decide the “price per seat”.
- Users can also request a carpool where they can put in the pickup and destination locations along with date and time.
How does it work
- Users should be able to register using Twitter, Facebook, G+ or email.
- Any user can raise a carpool offer or a request in the group.
- Other users can participate in the carpooling web application offer or request.
- In case of an offer, the user is offering to drive.
- In case of a request, the user is looking for someone else to drive.
- A request / offer would have a date and time associated with it.
- In case of an offer, it would also have “number of passengers”
- A user can accept a carpooling request and add “number of passengers”
- To raise a carpool request, there has to be a minimum balance in the account.
- Money is not required to raise a carpool offer.
- The person accepting a carpool offer should have money in his account.
- Money is deducted from the account after the trip.
- Development: Ruby on Rails
- SMS: Twilio
- Hosting: Amazon Web Services
- Data Storage: Amazon S3
- Application Monitoring: New Relic
- Mail Server: SendMail
- Cache: REDIS
- Mobile Application: Android and iOS