The Handyman on Call service i.e., Handyman app, provides users access to handymen in their vicinity. It allows them to search for handymen within a radius of X miles and book an appointment.
There are three types of roles in this application. User, Handyman and Admin.
- Users should be able to register for availing the services using various Social Media Networks.
- Users should be able to search for a handyman in a radius of 10 miles. If there is no handyman available, the user can increase the search radius.
- Users should be able to search for Handyman based on
- Availability (Date Range)
- Users should be able to book an appointment with the handyman based on his availability in the selected date range.
- Users should be able to add money to their account for making payments to the Handyman.
- Users should be able to rate and review the services provided by the handyman.
- The handyman would receive notifications of appointment requests on his handyman mobile app.
- Users should also be able to view the location of the handyman 15 minutes prior to the appointment.
- Users should be able to pay the handyman using the handyman mobile app.
- Users should be able to review and rate the handyman from their handyman app iphone as well as handyman app android.
- A handyman should be able to register on the portal. The handyman would add the following details for building the profile.
- Skills (Plumbing, Masonry, Carpentry)
- Hourly Charges
- Working Days
- A handyman should be able to accept and reject appointment requests sent by the clients. There should be a facility to add a reason for not accepting the request.
- On receipt of a request, the handyman should respond in 15 minutes else the request would be cancelled and the client would be informed accordingly. The handyman can set requests to auto accept as well.
- If a handyman cancels an accepted request, he is fined a small amount for client’s inconvenience. The handyman can file for a refund citing strong reasons.
- A handyman should be able to rate and review a client.
- A handyman should be able to set his availability. For example if he is going on a vacation, he would set “Not Available” so that he does not show up in search results.
- The handyman would receive notifications of appointment requests on his mobile app.
- Can accept / reject the request from the mobile app.
- Can view customer profile before accepting or rejecting the request.
- View the route to the client’s location on his handyman app.
- Rate and review client profile.
- User and Handyman Management.
- Admin can view all the appointments.
- Admin can view reviews of handyman and client.
- Admin can view the earnings of the portal and all other transaction records.
- Development: Ruby on Rails
- Hosting: Amazon Web Services
- Data Storage: Amazon S3
- Application Monitoring: New Relic
- Mail Server: SendMail
- SMS: Twilio
- Mobile Application: Android and iOS
- Payment Gateway: Paypal / Authorize.NET